We are now accepting applications for the Arctic Youth Ambassador Caucus (AYAC) being held in Iqaluit, NU from October 28th – November 1st , 2015.
Are your students curious about indigenous culture and history? Do they have a passion for development and advocacy? Are they interested in developing their leadership skills through a boots-on-the-ground experience in Canada’s final frontier? Then the AYAC is for them!
At the Caucus, students will join with their Northern peers to learn more about this region of Canada and work on finding innovative solutions to some of the pressing challenges the North faces. At the Caucus, students will:
• Engage in Roundtables on Northern issues such as Food Security, Health Care, Environment and Education;
• Meet with the Elders to learn about the rich history of Nunavut;
• Learn about Northern culture from their peers;
• Discover the rich culture and sights of Iqaluit as they work in teams to compete in the Amazing Race: Iqaluit;
• Share unique experiences with new friends from Coast, to Coast, to Coast.
For more information and to apply for this Global Vision opportunity, please visit http://www.globalvision.ca/ayac . If you or your students have any questions, don’t hesitate to email or call me or reach us at our national toll free line: 888.829.2838.
I encourage you to please share this opportunity with potential candidates from your school. Best wishes for a great semester!
Adam Peabody, B.A.